Saturday, August 08, 2009

Singapore

The day was 9 Aug, 1965. That was the day Singapore gained its independence. It was a day in which we celebrated. But if we looked back then, the critics said that Singapore would not be able to survive. It was a small island, with no natural resources. As backward as Malaysia then, it comprises mainly of migrants who came from all over the world. There were coolies from India, labourers from China and businessmen from England.

But that was probably its greatest strength too. For these people wanted to make Singapore not just their home, but their best home to live in. 44 years has passed since then. Today, Singapore is one of the most developed countries in the world. Singapore has surpassed what critics have ever have imagined.
I asked myself - can I turn my weakness into a strength? Years from now, would I stay the same or would I have transformed into someone so polished and defined? The answer lies within me. How about U?

No comments: