Sunday, October 12, 2008

Being flexible or losing myself?

My schedule is getting packed. With a new job at hand, I get exhausted by the end of each day as I stumbled in understanding the work processes and gathering new information about the company's processes. In the midst of these, I caught up with old friends, got to know new ones, went for toastmasters, gave tuition and exercised. I lost the time to blog and sacrificed some of my time in the personal 'cave'.

I ask myself, maybe that's a characteristic of me. I'm flexible. I'm adaptable. I take on changes as they come.

Or am I just losing myself, as these external factors shape my life? Do I not have my principles to hold on to, as I just succumb to the environment?

There's a fine line between being flexible and losing oneself. Some are balancing on the lines; others are still trying to find that line. For me, I will bold that line. Afterall, I believe that I can be sane in a ever-changing world. The qn is - how much bolder?

No comments: